Contact us at 414-383-8800 to schedule a consultation
128 W. Mineral St.
Milwaukee, WI 53204

Adjustments of Status

Adjustment of StatusPlease refer to the family-based immigration petitions section before reading this section. 

If are a United States citizen and your spouse, parent or child entered the United States using a valid visa, that relative is eligible to adjust status inside the United States.  This can be a faster and easier process than consular processing because your relative will be less likely to need an unlawful presence waiver.  However, your relative may face other inadmissibility issues, especially if your relative has any criminal convictions or has ever lied to obtain a visa or other immigration benefit.  Call us to see whether your relative will face any inadmissibility issues before you apply for adjustment of status, otherwise your relative could be put into deportation proceedings.

To schedule an initial consultation with Attorney Maria Ryan, click here.